Friday, February 25, 2011

Love Poem Contest - for Friday, February 25

Here's today's Love Poem for you:


She Walks In Beauty
By George Gordon Lord Byron

She walks in Beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which Heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!
____________________________________
And here's a bonus poem:
A Red, Red, Rose

O, my love is like a red, red rose,
That is newly sprung in June.
O, my love is like the melody,
That is sweetly played in tune.

As fair are you, my lovely lass,
So deep in love am I,
And I will love you still, my Dear,
Till all the seas go dry.

Till all the seas go dry, my Dear,
And the rocks melt with the sun!
O I will love you still, my Dear,
While the sands of life shall run.

And fare you well, my only Love,
And fare you well a while!
And I will come again, my Love,
Although it were ten thousand mile!

- Robert Burns –


Where do these quotes come from?
10. 

We all want to fall in love. Why?
Because that experience makes us feel completely alive,
where every sense is heightened,
and every emotion is magnified.
Our everyday reality is shattered
and we are flung into the heavens.
It may only last a moment, an hour, or an afternoon,
but that doesn't diminish its value,
because we are left with memories
that we treasure for the rest of our lives.

11.


What therefore God has joined together,
let no man separate.

12.



Grow old along with me
the best is yet to be.

13.



Who knows where the road will lead us
Only a fool would say,
But if you let me love you
I'm sure to love you all the way.



This contest closes today. Email me at southendstories@aol.com with your answers to all 13 quotes. Please put them in the form of a list 1 through 13. If you don't know one, leave it blank. The first person who sends me the most correct answers wins a special prize. I'll accept your answers starting right now til Monday, Feb. 28 at 5:00 pm. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment