Friday, February 11, 2011

Love Poem Contest - for Friday, February 11

For rules, go to Love Poems Contest - for February 4.


Here's today's poem for you to enjoy:



O my Luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune!
As fair thou art, my bonnie lass,
So deep in love am I:
And I will love thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry:
Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt with the sun;
I will luve thee still my dear
When the sands of life shall run.
And fare thee weel, my only Luve,
And fare thee weel a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile.

This famous love poem is actually a Scottish ballad written by Robert Burns in 1794, which has become more popular as a love poem than a song.

Who do these quotes belong to?


4. One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.

5. You don't marry someone you can live with,
you marry the person who you cannot live without.

6. If you have it {love},
you don't need to have anything else.
If you don't have it,
it doesn't matter much what else you do have.




No comments:

Post a Comment