Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Little Mixed Up



With all the ailments I’m going through lately, I thought I’d share this note from sister-in-law, Kay Sylvester, which I received in the mail from her a few years ago. I know a lot of my friends out there can relate to it.

A Little Mixed Up

Just a line to say I’m living,
That I’m NOT among the dead;
Though I’m getting more forgetful,
And more “mixed up” in the head.

For sometimes I can’t remember,
When I stand at foot of stair,
If I must go up for something,
Or I’ve just come down from there.

And before the fridge, so often,
My poor mind is filled with doubt,
Have I just put food away, or
Have I come to take some out?

And there’s times when it is dark out,
With my nightcap on my head,
I don’t know if I’m retiring,
Or just getting out of bed.

So, if it’s my turn to write you,
There’s no need in getting sore,
I may think that I’ve written,
And don’t want to be a bore.

So, remember—I do love you,
And I wish that you were here;
But now, it’s nearly mail time
So, I must say, “Goodbye, dear.”

There I stood beside the mailbox,
With a face so very red,
Instead of mailing you my letter,
I had opened it instead.
         --Anonymous

Hang in there, Everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment