Wednesday, November 6, 2013


Thank You Classmates.com

and Memory Lane Inc.

 

As promised in the October blog, “An Open Letter to Classmates.com, Memory Lane Inc., and a Girl Named Liz” I am here to thank Memory Lane and Classmates.com for doing the right thing and refunding me the money I paid for an incomplete 1959 RHS Cauldron.

Yesterday I got a phone call from a nice lady named Rebecca who was calling from Memory Lane out in Seattle.

She informed me that I could have viewed the book before I bought it, which I didn’t do. However, my case was reviewed and they made an exception and decided to refund my money.

It seems they do not have a book with the missing sports pages in them. They explained that class members sell them their yearbooks and they just reprint them as they are. It’s possible that the girl named Liz, who sold her book to them, had a defective book to begin with. Which is probably why she sold it to them. As she was an under classmate at the time, the 1959 book wouldn’t mean that much to her anyway.

I’m making a lot of suppositions here because I don’t really know the “Liz” involved here. If she is reading this or if you know her, please tell her I’d love to hear from her.

Once again, I thank you Classmates.com and Memory Lane for doing the right thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment