Friday, November 1, 2013


Sonny’s Sunshine Corner
Things have calmed down since the move. I finally got my new carpet sweeper delivered from Lowe’s after trying to track it down for several days. I’m happy to say that the phone is now working properly as well as our internet connection. Whew! Now if I can only get maintenance to level my stove for me so any water I put on the stove doesn’t migrate to one side of the pan that would be terrific. I also got a good deal on a small step ladder so Nanci can put up some curtains for us.
Butchie has fallen into his own new routine. He spends most of the day on the pole, being a “pole cat” in the office with me.
Readership has reached over 35,000 thanks to all of you. The Village Soup site also continues to grow. The most popular blogs for October were “Antique, Classic or Passing Fad” and “An Open Letter to Classmates.com, Memory Lane, and a girl named Liz.” Bill Pease wished me well on the last blog and Kathy Moran mentioned that there are currently five drive-ins in Maine. I did a story on them here in October 2011, if you’d like to re-read that.
Robin Gabe mentioned my misuse of the word “alumnus” instead of the proper “alumni” in the Classmates.com etc. story. I stand corrected. I never was very good with Latin in high school. I think we had three teachers that year for Latin and I just opted out of the class eventually.
I will let you know if I hear anything from Classmates and Memory Lane. I think at least I should get my money back. I would also like to know who the “Liz” is that they copied the Cauldron 59 reprint from which they sent to me.
This month you’ll hear from Ted and Kendall again as well as any special Thanksgiving stories I can come up with. I had a wonderful phone convo with Kendall recently and he expressed an interest in hearing from anyone who has comments about his “South End Poet” blog. I think that’s a wonderful idea and suggest that if you have a comment about any guest blogger who appears in “Beyond the Southend” that you email me at www.southendstoried@aol.com. I will certainly forward your comments to the blogger involved.
Congratulations to our Boston Red Sox for their World Series win, the first time in Fenway since 1918. Congratulations also to David Ortiz for being named MVP. The front seat of the car they gave him could probably hold my whole living room. I wore my Red Sox tee shirt with pride all during the series, not without a few comments here in Braves land.
Please continue to hit the ads on the right hand side of the blog. It will help me immensely. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. See you next month. Butchie says “meow.”
A Halloween Picture of Nanci


A picture of Nanci as a ghost at Kroger where she works. She supervised the children’s coloring contest at the store. She said she had about 100 kids during the day. She passed out treats when the kids gave her their entry. Winner to be determined later. Nice work if you can get it.





No comments:

Post a Comment