Saturday, December 8, 2012


Christmas in the Big Apple

This Christmas our thoughts go to those who suffered in the recent hurricane, Sandy, in the greater New York area and the Jersey Shore. When such a storm hits in such a populated area, probably one of the most populated in the world, and certainly in America, the long-term recovery is daunting.

I have visited New York City, the Big Apple, many times, but never during the Christmas holiday period. Someday I hope to do that…it’s on my bucket wish list. I have never not had a good time when I visited this wonderful city. To a Maineiac and a little girl from the South End, the city holds many magical moments and non more during the Christmas holidays.

I hope you will all remember these folks this Christmas by supporting one of the many relief funds, particularly, the Red Cross. These other two sites will also guide you to the charity of your choice for Sandy relief. In New York go to: www.charitynavigator.org. For the Jersey Shore go to: https://sandyrelieffund.org.

To remind you of what New York City has to offer during the Christmas season, I offer these images from Christmases past. You will never see these images anywhere else in the country. I found them all on a google search for Christmas in New York City.  Enjoy.
 




















 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment