Tuesday, July 3, 2012


A Tribute to Andy Griffith

1926-2012



Andy Griffith died today at the age of 86. The following is a tribute to a man who gave us many hours of fun on the Andy Griffith Show and as a bungling lawyer who always proved his case on Matlock. He also appeared in such films as “No Time for Sergeants,” “A Face in the Crowd,: and “Angel in my Pocket.”
He was awarded a Presidential Medal of Freedom by George W. Bush in 2005.
I could bet you that you all can whistle this song and did every time “The Andy Griffith Show” came on television.



Future Director, Ron Howard, as Opie, 
Andy's son on the Andy Griffith Show. 

From E Online News today:
 “Ron Howard, who played Griffith's son Opie from 1960 to 1968 on The Andy Griffith Show, took to Twitter to pay his respects, writing: ‘His pursuit of excellence and the joy he took in creating served generations & shaped my life. I'm forever grateful. RIP Andy.’”
 I’m also sure that Andy’s old pal, Don Knotts, who played Barney Fife on the show, was waiting up there in heaven to welcome Andy home. George “Goober” Lindsey, who died last month, was certainly standing next to Don. I imagine they are having a grand ‘ole time about now.



Rest in peace, Andy.







1 comment:

  1. Awesome tribute Sandy, thanks for the memories, and yes I can whistle that tune, it's in my brain like I heard it yesterday!!! Carole

    ReplyDelete