Thursday, March 1, 2012

MARCH UPDATE



This is my birthday month, so everyone wish me a happy birthday on the 5th, OK?
Health problems in the month of February seem to be overlapping into this month. My eyelid operation was a success even though it will take time for it to completely heal. I’ll put up a new picture for you when we get to the end result. However, it seems I may have to have a partial knee replacement—driving leg darn it--. MRI next week. Never seems to be an end to it all. Oh well, life goes on.
This month I will have a book review for you, Breakwater, by Kevin Mills. There will also be a new Fish and Chips column from brother, Ted.
I must thank all of you who visit my Southend Stories Facebook Page. You can access it from the regular blog space. Just look to your right. I will sometimes add extra notes to this page, so look for them.
I’m not sure what other stories I’ll bring you this month. Spring is beginning to burst here in the South, but I think it may be jumping the gun a bit up North. As I understand it, you're having a Nor'easter up there today. Of course, any suggestions from you are always welcome as well as any guest blogs you have to offer. We’ll try to keep up with our student sailor, Elizabeth Sherfey, who is presently sailing on the Harvey Gamage. She is the granddaughter of my friend and classmate, Jean Monroe.
March is National Women’s History Month, so I’ll try to bring a local version of that to you. The Rockland History Face Book page will come in handy for that project. If you have a local person you’d like to include, please email me.
That’s about it.
Your favorite blogger,
Sandra




No comments:

Post a Comment