Sunday, January 1, 2012

JANUARY 2012 UPDATE

  Happy New Year, everyone! May the year ahead hold new possibilities for all of us. I wish you good health and more money in your paycheck. Thanks SSA for giving me a raise this year.

I must begin this year with an apology to all of you. It seems I don’t look at my own blog space closely enough. It was only within the last month that I noticed that Ad Sense had deleted all the ads that were running along the right side. Why I’m not sure. A while back they said they were changing the format or something and to check it out. Of course I ignored their advice, therefore, I have no more ads. So, I will no longer beg you to hit one of their ads. I think we’ll get along just fine without them anyway.

As I mentioned last month, I will no longer carry “Events at Your Public Library” or “Benefits and Good Works” as you’ll be able to find them in your local media just as easily. I will, however, post any special programs or events I receive via email. Note the Thomaston Public Library story in this month’s blog.

I won’t forget all the folks up there in Maine. I promise. I do now have a wider audience nationally and internationally; and I hope to reflect that fact in future blogs. I hope to have more historical, travel-related, and literary works to share with you and the world.

Please see the second “Fish and Chips” column by brother, Ted. I’m so happy he decided to join me in this venture. I’m sure you’ll enjoy his column from 1987. Notice the prices mentioned.

Personally, I continue to enjoy my new “eyes.” There aren’t many things that can improve with age as far as your health goes; which makes it even sweeter. I will be happy when I can finally walk without a cane due to a bad left ankle. My therapist is an angel and very patient with me. I have hopes for better legs and feet soon.

My new book is coming along slowly. I find myself stopping to figure out where to go next, much the same way the first book, The South End, was written. I will certainly try, though, not to make it a 12 year ordeal again. Being retired and on my own time now helps a lot.

Let’s have fun this year. Email me your thoughts and anything you’d like to share with the rest of the class. We had contributions from several of you in the past year. I always enjoy posting your pictures and thoughts. Just email me at southendstories@aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment