Friday, November 25, 2011

Twin Cousins Photo Album

These are pictures of my "twin" cousin and I. See "A Tale of Twin Cousins."

Diane and I with our mothers, ages 8 & 9 months. Diane with her mother, Frederica Hilton on the left; Me with my mother, Evangeline. I believe this was taken on the farm in Bremen.
December 1941.


Also on the farm, December 1941.
I'm on the left this time. I was always the sourpuss.


I believe this is Diane at the farm. We had matching outfits of this ensemble. I think that swing was tied up to the tree next to the house. Behind her is a shed with a metal roof which is now gone. Also, behind that is the one-room schoolhouse where Diane went to school. It has been converted to a living establishment which her sister, Mary Sue, now lives in.



An early school picture of Diane. The words say
 "Meet the Future Miss America."


Diane on the left this time. I don't know how old we were here, but we were obviously infants. I think that is a Buick behind us.

Me on the left, Diane on the right at our Great Aunt May's house at Crescent Beach in Ash Point. She always had such beautiful roses. That porch goes on three sides of the house. I think we were sucking on popsicles or something.Summer of 1944.

Diane on the left, me on the right with our cousin, Arthur, on Cranberry Island, Summer, 1944, at home of my Aunt Ruth, Arthur's mother. He has also passed away.


Diane's big sister, Cynthia. Diane on the right. On the farm.






























No comments:

Post a Comment