Monday, December 2, 2013


Sonny’s Sunshine Corner


"The boys" hanging out in the old diner.

This month caught up with me too quickly. I’m behind the eight-ball but am working furiously to catch up with everything. So far today I’ve posted two blogs pertaining to the holiday, “The Days Between” contains tips for getting from Thanksgiving to Christmas in one piece. Butchie has a special blog this month to clue you in on how to co-exist with your cat and the Christmas tree to make sure kitty and tree remain safe and intact respectively. I just posted Ted’s column of “Fish and Chips.” You may find your name listed from that 1987 column from the BDN. I also just emailed Kendall for poems for December. As soon as he sends them to me, I’ll post them for you.
I will also post a special poem today that is a revision of last’s year’s poem about my Aunt Virginia, who will turn 103 on December 7. She is presently in the hospital after a fall on Thanksgiving. She is having dizzy spells so they are keeping her for observation. Please wish her a speedy recovery.
Readership reached 37,009 last month, a gain of 988. Thanks everyone for your continued support of my work. The ad revenue has increased slightly this month also. Thanks for that also. Please continue to hit the ads who sponsor my page.
I heard from several people in response to some blogs for November. There were five comments on the Kennedy story. If you have a comment on any story scroll down at the end of any story and you will see a comment section. Your comment will not appear until I have reviewed it and accepted it, however. That’s the way the format is set up.
On a personal note, I was excited one day lately when the maintenance man knocked on my door and told me he had a new stove for me. If you remember from last month, I was having trouble with the old stove I had in that two burners were not working and it was out of balance. I asked the maintenance man to keep a lookout for me in another apartment that wasn’t being used. Seems the stove he brought me came from the Phase 1 section of this complex which they are updating with black appliances. He said the guy who had it never used it, which was very obvious by looking at it. It was like having a brand new stove. It’s the same kind as the one we had in the old apartment which I loved. So I was excited, to say the least, to receive this early Christmas present.
Nanci and I had a quiet Thanksgiving, as she was working until four. We had a late dinner together of turkey and all the fixings. I enjoyed watching the Macy’s parade and the dog show that followed from Pennsylvania which I watch every year.
I hope you enjoy your holidays with your families and friends. If I can lighten your load with my blogs this month I certainly will. Try to take a deep breath once in a while. O.K.?
Butchie says, “Merry Dang Christmas already.”
 


No comments:

Post a Comment