Monday, April 1, 2013


Sonny’s Sunshine Corner









 In memory of our Sonny, this blog will continue to be known as Sonny’s Sunshine Corner. He will always be our Sunshine boy.

We still miss our Sundance, our Sonny Boy. Butchie is sometimes very insistent that we go find him and continues to search for him in the bedroom closet. We continue to give our little Butchie lots of love in hopes that his grieving will lessen with ours.

Meanwhile we bring you a view of what’s to come here at “On Being a Southender” this month of April. The biggest change is probably the possible renaming of this blog. More to come on that later.

Look for a special South End poem in Kendall’s guest blog this month and enjoy another travel story from brother, Ted in “Fish and Chips.” The Thomaston Library also has new events upcoming you may want to check out.

“The Hilton Homestead” blog I share with cousin Mary Sue will bring you a letter from the Civil War.

Spring is upon us, it’s more advanced in the South. In the North the “mud season” is most likely in full swing. After the April rains, it will dry up and the crocuses and daffodils will begin to appear. I have some special Spring thoughts for you from my favorite magazine, “Maine Boats, Homes and Harbors” which I got in the mail recently. Do you know what “natural economics” is?

I haven’t decided on a recipe for “Recipe of the Month” yet. Any recipes you’d like to send my way would be appreciated. If you send a story about the recipe along with the recipe itself, there may even be a prize involved. A picture of yourself would be fabulous too.

I have discovered that there is a blog which includes different web cams set up around Maine. I haven’t investigated it yet, but will bring you news from that blog if I find something interesting to share.

The numbers continue to climb for this blog spot which I appreciate. We passed 26,000 recently. Continue to hit the ads on the right hand side of the blog for me, ok? I’d much appreciate it.

On my personal front, I will undergo surgery in May for a partial knee replacement. They tell me it will be a fast recovery and I will only stay in the hospital one day. I have to be ready to come to Maine in July for a visit and to attend my great-niece Danielle’s wedding. The doc understands that and assures me he’ll do his best for me. He’s done work on me before and I trust him completely as he is a Sports Doctor for a few of our teams in the area.

I hope you all had a Happy Easter and enjoyed good food and time with your family. Sonny’s Sunshine Corner” will be here next month to clue you in on things.

NOTE: Yes I was wrong, darn it. Baylor isn’t going to win it all in the NCAA Women’s Tournament. Louisville beat them last night. We were sorry to see their brother hurt on the men’s team. Maybe that inspired them to win last night. 13 three-point shots didn’t hurt. At this point my predictions are a toss-up between UCONN, Tennessee, Notre Dame, and Louisville with Notre Dame, with Skylar Diggens having the edge. We’ll see how right I am when it’s all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment