Friday, March 1, 2013







Sonny’s Sunshine Corner
 
Here he is, Mr. Sundance, our Sonny, our SONshine. He is all better and there are no black shadows in his corner anymore. Whew! Thanks for all your concerns and prayers on his behalf.

This month, Sonny and Butch and I will bring you lots of new and interesting things as well as the columns you look forward to every month.

Catch the new “South End Poet” blog by Kendall Merriam and Ted’s “Fish and Chips” blog, which has a little story about me in it.

This month we begin a new blog by cousin Mary Sue Hilton Weeks and I called “The Hilton Homestead.” Look for historic pieces about the farm over in Bremen where I spent many happy summer days as a kid.  New projects and happenings at the Homestead will also be explored at a later date .Especially note the newest project to dig a new well on the farm and learn how you can contribute to the cause. You can also become a member and get fresh vegetables this summer. Read that blog for all the details.
 
I also plan to begin a “Recipe of the Month” blog. Whereas I can’t bring you a whole menu each month, I’ll try to bring at least one interesting recipe. You continue to read the old recipe blogs so I know you will be interested in this new feature of “On Being a Southender.”
The Thomaston Library has new events to read about and there is also news from Maine Boats, Homes and Harbors magazine, my very favorite coastal Maine magazine. Remember that I welcome news from all the area libraries. Just email it to southendstories@aol.com.
Thomaston has been consistent in sending news of their events and happenings at the library. I cannot at this point explore the local papers for other library news in the area. Any other special event you would like to advertise is also welcome, such as the Midcoast Community Chorus which you will see here at concert time for that group.
A video from World Ocean Video is presented this month. It contains shots of our student sailor of last year who we followed during her semester at sea, Elizabeth Sherfey.
In the reminder department, two things: Remember that I no longer subscribe to Classmates.com. If you wish to reach me you can always email me at the email address above or you may also comment on any story in this blog if you scroll down to the very bottom of the story. Sometimes you will have to hit “Read More” to reach the comment box. You can also make comments on my South End Stories Facebook page which you can reach by clicking on that title on the right side of this blog. Your comment on the blog site will appear after I approve it and hit my own button. The other thing is a big thank you to all of you who have hit the ads on the right side of this blog. A long ways to go so I’d appreciate it if you’d hit at least one ad when you come here to read a story. Thanks again.
This month I celebrate my birthday (March 5). Look for a special poem about my birth partner, my niece, Dr. Bette Sylvester Bergeron, who was born on my birthday. Guess who I sometimes forget to send a birthday card to.
Happy March!




No comments:

Post a Comment