Friday, March 1, 2013


My niece, Dr. Bette Bergeron, is Dean of Education at Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville. We are all very proud of her. Besides being an educator, she is an accomplished writer and a much better poet than I am…












Birth Partners


Birth partners both born of a snowy day

Birth partners who both

Became educators                                                 

Became writers

Became lovers of life.

03/05/41 was one

03/05/61 the other

Twenty years apart to the day…

Forever.

Birth dates become instant passwords

Become easy form numbers

As the birth partners go through

Their lives together.

Birth partners, though living

In different states,

Share one state of mind.

Share one family to love.

Share a future of remembering

Today I share this day

My Birthday, with my

Birth Partner!

Happy Birthday to us.


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment