Tuesday, May 1, 2012


Sonny’s
Sunshine
Corner



I’ve decided to make this blog my Update space for each month. Here you will learn about new stories and features to come on “On Being a Southender;” any technical problems I may need to alert you to; thank yous; how my life is going presently; and much more. It may be a good idea to check here once in a while.
This picture was taken when brothers Sonny and Butch were babies sitting by my old computer at the old mobile home we lived in at the time. We used to keep blue and red collars on them to tell them apart. It soon became unnecessary, however, when Sonny grew to be about twice the size of Butchie. Here, Sunny is in the front, while Butchie has control of the mouse.
Some technical things to update you on and some good news as to access to this blog. During the last week I found it difficult to access “On Being A Southender” via www.southendstories.blogspot.com. However, that problem seems to be OK now. This blog is produced in Microsoft Word and then transferred to the blog via Chrome and Google. Therefore, a glitch will occur once in a while.
I post my main story for the week on Facebook, so if you are my friend on FB, you can access the blog there when you click on that story. The blog also is automatically posted to my South End Stories FB page. That page may be accessed from the main blog.
The good news this week is that my main blog for the week is also now posted on the Village Soup site for the Courier. This blog originally appeared on Village Soup exclusively, however, I began my own blog when the old organization started charging people to read it. I also found that system to be limited in the information I wanted to dispense.
The Courier is now charging a fee to view its material. I decided to post the blog with the Courier again because there are also free ways to view my blog. So if you subscribe to the Courier online at villagesoup.com, you can now read my blog there.
I strongly suggest that whatever way you decide to view this blog that once you get to the site that you put it in your favorite places or bookmark it in some way so you will have easy access when you want to come back to it.
OK, so now that we have that all straightened out I would like to thank Dianne (Phillips) Allen and William Pease for welcoming me back to the Village Soup site. I’d also like to thank Nina Reed and Deborah Dyer for their kind comments.
I was so excited to receive my “first edition” of the new Courier Gazette. It was so nice to see that old familiar masthead and to meet the people who made it happen. I wish the paper a long and successful run and hope it never folds again.
My knee surgery was a success and I am mending well. Physical therapy will begin next week. I look forward to walking without a cane and being able to walk for extended periods of time.
Congratulations to the folks who participated in the “So You Think You Know Rockland” contest recently which benefited Main Street, Inc. The Rotary team was the champion. I don’t know if they used any of my South End questions or not, but I’m glad the evening was a success.
This month look for a new Fish and Chips column from brother, Ted and special Mother’s Day stories.
I have recently discovered a Maine writer, Alonzo Gibbs, via my cousin, Mary Sue. He used to live down the road from the farm in Bremen. Look for his works later on in this blog.
Remember also that I do not post everything to my FB page. South End stories automatically gets everything I post on “On Being a Southender.” Check out the rest of the features and stories once you get there. I look forward to seeing you there. Comments are welcome at the end of each blog. Just post your thoughts there and after I approve it, it will be posted.


Good News Again!


I have just set up a special URL so that you can reach my South End Stories FB page easily. Just go to www.facebook.com/SouthendS.
If you haven’t “liked” me yet, I would appreciate it. Also consider becoming a “follower.” See the right hand column to set that up.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support.







No comments:

Post a Comment