Monday, December 19, 2011

My Christmas Letter

Well I was going to post one of those fancy musical animated Christmas cards, but they have made it too complicated this year. You have to open an account, set up a password, address book, etc. It was all too complicated for my brain, such as it is, so this Christmas letter will have to do.

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your continued support of my writing. I appreciate your “liking” me and commenting to me via email. I always like to hear from you. Just send me a short note at southendstories@aol.com. Even though I have a statistics program that lets me know what stories are the most popular and how many “hits” I have on that particular story, it’s still nice to know you are out there in person. My statistics show activity from all over the world which is very exciting.

This blog has evolved into its present state little by little. Some things will stay, some will go as I’ve already stated. I hope to bring you more quality blogs as a result. Your input is always welcome of course as this is as much your space as it is mine.

At this time of year I suffer from bouts of homesickness, so it was with much happiness that I saw the story about the making of the lobster pot Christmas tree which aired last night. It was fun seeing some of the familiar places and faces, like the Posts. I hope to see it in person at some time in the future.

Family wise, this year was eventful in that we celebrated our Aunt Virginia’s 101st birthday on December 7. She’s still going strong. Unfortunately, we lost my “twin cousin,” Diane Hilton O’Connor. I learned not too long ago that her husband, Lee, had also passed away at a Portland hospital. The old farm in Bremen, where I spent so many happy hours as a kid, will seem very quiet now.

I did get up to Maine this summer and enjoyed seeing some of you. My time was short, so I didn’t get to visit everyone, but will try to do better this summer.

Things are going along as usual in Georgia. This year I was very happy to get my cataracts removed so that I don’t have to wear glasses for distance anymore. I only wear them for reading and working on the computer. $28 dollar glasses bought at the drugstore is a lot cheaper than the $400 glasses I just donated to my doctor. They will be used to help someone else. I  also just bought a pair of fancy sunglasses, something I haven’t been able to do for a long time. In the coming year I will also have an operation to fix my droopy right eyelid. The procedure is finally available now to make it easy to fix. I was also able to get a mole removed from my eyebrow with the magic of a laser. I love modern medicine. I’ll get a picture taken for you when I have my new “eyes”.

I look forward to the possibility of perhaps moving back to Maine when the economy picks up a little. For now, Nanci and I are maintaining the status quo.

I wish all of you the very best Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Your favorite blogger, Sandra





No comments:

Post a Comment