Thursday, September 1, 2011

SEPTEMBER UPDATE

This month begins the third year of the appearance of this blog online. The blog has evolved into its own unique format while leaving room for new projects and subjects as they come up. It has been fun seeing the way you have responded. I have readers from all over the world and it’s always amazing to me what aspect of this blog they choose to check out and perhaps actually read.

For instance…this is a list of the eight most popular blogs of 2011. Number one is the biggest surprise. Evidently folks around the world have a problem picking out a gift for their mothers. This blog was done around Mother’s Day in May and was mostly a research project. It continues to draw readers. Number 6 is a 2010 story written about my fifth grade teacher, Miss Bertna Luce, which also continues to draw readers. Here’s the list:

1.  Gifts for Mom and Breakfast in Bed.
2. .The Courier Gazette Picnic
3.  . 2nd Annual Blog Picnic at Sandy Beach
4.  Scrapbook Memories
5..Literary Review – Preserving Rockland’s History
6.  One if by Broom
7. . Relay for Life with Sean Meehan…and Update
8  In a Foggy Spruce Head Frame of Mind

What will be your favorite blog in 2011. We’ll have to wait and see won’t we. My stats on the blog space help me to continue to bring you the kind of stories and features you most enjoy. I will try to continue that trend in the next year.

You may see less volume this year because I have contracted with an online marketing company to write blogs for them on a continuing basis. I never know exactly when they will want a new blog, therefore I may have to divert some time to them once in a while. As the gig is a paying proposition, I hope you will understand.

Speaking of pay, I’d like to thank everyone for hitting the ads on my blogspace. I may actually get a check from Ad Sense soon. As I don’t charge you a fee to read this blog space, those Ads are my only compensation. So keep hitting them, please. I thank you in advance.

I’m not sure what subjects will be included this month. I’ve written about all the school stories I can remember, but I’ll try to come up with some more. Meanwhile, give the new high school, Oceanside, all your support. New traditions are in the making. In years to come many will not even remember the old Rockland High School and Rockland District High School. Sad, but true. It’s up to you to preserve the history of those schools. I will try to do the same here.

So give a cheer for one more year on “On Being a Southender.” As always, your comments welcomed. Just email me. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment