Saturday, September 17, 2011

More Drum Corps Pictures


These pictures were submitted by Jean Rowling Monroe on Facebook. Verna Studley Bramhall brought them to our latest class breakfast at the Brown Bag.


Port O Rockland Junior Drum and Bugle Corps drummers.These were the first uniforms we had. I was not a drummer yet. This is lower Main Street, see Central Maine Power Company store in background.


Drum Corps majorettes. This outfit morphed into the Drill Team later on. In front row are left to right: Joan Harjula and Judy Davis Merrifield. In the second row behind Joan is Verna Studley Bramhall. I believe these uniforms were a satin gold color with black trim.



I was a majorette with this troop. I can't tell you which one I was here.Our leader up front was Helen Doherty. Her sister, Sylvia was in my class. The guy on the side with the helmet was probably one of the parents who served as aides during a parade. Anyone know him? I can't quite place us on Main Street. Is this the Sherwin Williams store down near where the Courier was? Or...are we in fact marching from the South End up to the North End?







No comments:

Post a Comment