Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Maine Whoppie Pie?



While the debate between Pennsylvania and Maine continues as to which state holds the true right to creating the Whoppie Pie, there comes a recipe printed in a late edition of People Magazine purporting to be a Maine recipe for Whoppie Pies.

You tell me. Does this look like the recipe your mother used to make our favorite dessert? When I get my mother’s recipe from my sister, we’ll compare the two. O.K.? She made the best whoopee pies as far as I’m concerned.

According to the owner, Kristen DuShane, of the Portland Fat Cats bakery, who make all kinds of whoppie pies to ship all over the world, “Our cake is chocolatey and the filling is light and not too sweet. That sounds pretty close to my mother’s Whoppie Pie.

What do you think of this People recipe?




                                                                             




No comments:

Post a Comment