Monday, March 31, 2014



Sonny’s Sunshine Corner
 
(Sorry about being so late with this. I just discovered I hadn’t posted it at the beginning of the month)
Finally…February is over and done with. The temperature here in northern Georgia today will hit 60 degrees. Spring is just around the corner in these parts. I expect to see buds on the trees soon. Up in Maine you have the mud season to look forward to and here we must once again sneeze our way through pollen season when the streets run yellow in the rain.
This month besides the usual monthly columns, I’ll continue my study of the Beatles, with “Beatlemania…Part II.” I look to you for inspiration for March stories. You did such a bang up job last month that I know you can do it again.
E-mail me with ideas to www.southendstories.blogspot.com.
Readership continues to climb; now reaching 42,000 plus thanks to all my loyal fans. The Courier has run two of my blogs in the paper so far this year. In January they ran “Cleaning 2013’s House” and just this past week they ran “How’s Your Year Going so Far?” Thanks to the folks at the Courier for this further exposure of my work. You cannot reach my blog at “Village Soup” online unless you subscribe, so I appreciate seeing my work in print in the Courier. I also post the weekly blog to Facebook and also to Google. So you can find it in those places as well as at the URL above. Also go to the blog itself for many more features such as Ted’s Fish and Chips column and Kendall Merriam’s monthly poetry blog.
I notice by reading my own Courier, which I also subscribe to in the mail, that the annual Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce Awards Gala was held in February. My congratulations go out to the “Person of the Year,” Dave Jackson, who is active in Rockport affairs. Congratulations also to the other awardees: Dream Local Digital, Small Business of the Year; Camden Harbor Inn, Beacon Award for attracting positive attention to the Chamber area; Rockport Properties, Award for Economic Enhancement; Jean Freedman-White, Community Volunteer of the Year; Swing and Sway Dancing, Special Recognition Award; The Strand Theater, Innovation in Business Award.
I noted also that the Strand will now be a non-profit organization. I wish them luck in their new endeavors.
Everyone wish me a Happy Birthday on the 5th of this month. If you haven’t already figured out how old or “young at heart” I am, I’m not telling. As Nanci says, “You’re an old coot.”
With warmer weather these days our Butchie looks forward to more porch time. The old chair in the picture above makes a soft place to sit while watching the world go by outside his window to the world which is the porch. Not long ago a bird flew into his area but escaped before Butchie could get his wits together enough to swat at it. After all, he’s getting to be an “old coot” too.
Butchie says hesh up. I’m busy sleeping in my hidey-hole here under the couch. See you next time.


 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment