Monday, September 17, 2012


Boatyard Dog Pictures
 
I finally managed to get these pictures from my Blackberry to my computer. They were taken in rainy weather between the shoulders of other watchers. Therefore, they are not of the best quality. The video I posted by David Dunkle is much better, but I promised pictures so here they are. As for the band video, I did get it onto my computer. However, there was no sound. Therefore, I cannot post it. Someday I may actually become a techie who can handle all this stuff.
 
As we see in the video, Otter, a Labrador mix, was the winner. He was the only dog that actually went into the water, one of the rules of the event. Many of the dogs were announced as rescue dogs. A People’s Choice Wagon was set up so viewers could vote for their favorite dog. I stated before that the dollar donation went to the humane society. In fact, proceeds went to local shelters.

Each dog received a goody bag. Otter will keep the “Pup Cup” trophy until the competition in 2013.

Here’s what I have for you.

The Portuguese Water Dogs who wanted no part of the water on the day of the event:
 

 
Pixel, a Chihuahua, who is a veteran competitor. Here she is in her pink tutu, going through the obstacle course and doing other tricks. The best trick she did was to steal the treats meant to bribe her into the water. Mama went into the water, but she didn’t.
 


 
Here’s Otter, our winner, the only dog who went into the water. The girls had a hard time getting that stick away from him, once he’d retrieved it in the water.
 




 
Hope you enjoyed them.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment