Sunday, April 1, 2012


APRIL UPDATE


Easter is April 8 this year. Time to celebrate spring by getting out all your summer clothes and doing your spring cleaning. Today I found a wonderful video on the History Channel site which explored the connections between Easter and Passover as well as what Easter eggs and the Easter Bunny have to do with these celebrations. Find it on my South End Facebook page or on my regular Facebook page.
I would like to wish all of my Christian friends a Happy Easter and all my Jewish friends a Happy Passover, which begins April 6 at sunset and ends at nightfall of April 14.
I found out this week that I won’t have to have a knee replacement but rather just some repair on an old meniscus injury I had several years ago. I wasn’t looking forward to a heavy cast in the summer, so I’m happy about that.
Readership has picked up a bit on this blog space. I think a lot of you are bored with no local newspaper to look at. In any event, I welcome you all. My numbers will soon reach 12,000
thanks to all of you.
Speaking of newspapers, look for a special blog on our new “old” Courier coming back into our lives on April 8. Please support your local news sources. I for one appreciate having a hometown paper to look at here in Georgia.
Ted will have a new Fish and Chips column for you this month.
I have noticed a continued interest in the Sea Goddess Log blog. I would really like to add to that special blog but I need your help. I call out to all Sea Goddesses and all Sea Princesses to share your special memories of your participation in the Lobster Festival in the year you were in the pageant. All pictures you can share are also welcomed. It would be nice if we could develop a booklet of some kind with pictures of all the courts over the years. A project for the future maybe.
As always, your contributions are always welcome. Remember—this blog space belongs to all of us. Guest blogs; pictures to share; memories of the South End and of Rockland; all are welcome.
Open your doors up there in Maine and let all that fresh spring air in to shoo all that cold winter air out. Till next time.
Your favorite blogger,
Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment