Monday, August 15, 2011

Drum Corp Pictures from Don Pomroy

One of my South End pals in the old neighborhood, Don Pomroy, recently sent me these photos of old uniforms from the Port 'o Rockland Junior Drum and Bugle Corps, otherwise known as the "Coastmen."

Don became a member of the Corps a lot later than I did. This was the second uniform I remember wearing around about 1957. As I reported in my drum corps story, we oirginally wore black pants, I think gold shirts, black military helmets, and I think spats. I do not have any pictures of myself in either uniform, so I'm guessing. If you were a member of the corps and remember better than I do, please tell me.

In any event here are the pictures Don shared:





Thanks for sharing, Don. Could you still fit into your old uniform? I know I couldn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment