Tuesday, July 5, 2011

2nd Annual Blog Picnic at Sandy Beach

Boys playing on the rocks at Sandy Beach in the South End

Monday, August 8 is the date of the 2nd Annual "On Being a Southender" blog picnic at Sandy Beach Park at the end of Ocean Street in the South End.

Last year we had a beautiful day and everyone enjoyed the company of fellow blogger readers. I look forward to seeing all of you again and hope that you will bring friends whether they read this blog or not. 

Bring a picnic lunch and maybe a lawn chair, as seating is limited. I plan on bringing a pair of old  sneakers so I can go wading.  Bring a frisbee if you have one. I invite everyone to join me on the beach. It will be a real treat to go down onto a clean beach and wade in clean water, thanks to the city's aggressive clean-up of the area in the past several years.

I welcome any and all comments and observations of my blog stories in the past year. I also welcome any and all story ideas or actual stories you care to share with me.

Most of all, I just look forward to seeing you and sharing a picnic lunch by the ocean, hopefully in good weather. Unfortunately, I do not have a rain date as I will be leaving to return to Georgia on August 10. So everyone pray to the weather God please.

I will have a few copies of The South End  available if you wish to purchase one. I will be happy to sign them for you.

I extend a special invite to my new friend Tim Sullivan, who has been most helpful in the past year with information for some of my blogs. Welcome, Tim, bring Glenn with you and any other friends who want to get away for a few minutes to sit by the ocean in the company of good people.

I look forward to seeing everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment