Monday, December 20, 2010

My Christmas Letter




Since I’ve given you a musical Christmas card already (see “My Christmas Card to You”), I decided I’d give you a Christmas letter to put inside it. I never think I have enough exciting things to write about in these things but I always seem to end up with something of interest, so here goes:

According to Facebook statistics, the three words I used most on Facebook this year are blog, don’t, and know. That about sums up my angst this year as I launched this new blog space in September. The other blog I had done for almost two years was restrictive, plus they began charging my readers to get to me. So I decided to go with blogspace and develop a whole new concept in blogging, which I did.

My fans have found me here or on Facebook and I am enjoying the heck out of it. I link many of my blogs to Facebook, and Goggle Buzz, therefore I have a wider audience than before. I have received hits from all over the world, including Canada, Columbia, Russia, Japan, Germany, Slovenia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, South Korea, the Phillipines and others.

On the book front, I continued to publicize The South End and was fortunate to participate in two book signings this summer, at the Festival and at the Maine Homes, Boats and Harbors show. I stopped in to see my favorite booksellers also at the Reading Corner in Rockland and Personal Book Store in Thomaston.

I met a new friend this year who has helped me immensely with my aforesaid blog angst problems. Her name is Jami Howard and she designed this blog space and set up the different elements within it. I couldn’t have done it without her. Thanks, Jami. By the way, she is a graphic designer who does free lance work. If you need graphics arts help and live in the Atlanta area, check out her website at www.imajworks.com.

On the family front, this year our youngest member, my great-great niece, Allison, is one-years-old this Christmas. That’s a fun time to watch little ones who usually end up playing with the bows, paper and boxes their presents come in. Our oldest family member is at the other end of the spectrum. Our Aunt Virginia Poletti turned 100 years old December 7. (See the stories I posted about her here.) She also had a story posted in the local paper; had two great birthday parties; got messages from the Maine legislature and from President and Mrs. Obama; and was wished Happy Birthday by Willard Scott on the Today Show. Quite an event all around.

Healthwise I’m still wrestling with physical therapy for chronic tendonitis in my feet, but otherwise have had no major health issues. Other family members in this generation have had their ups and downs this year, but we’re all out of the woods, thank god.

I look forward to the coming year and possibly finishing the new book I’m working on. More on that as it develops.

I wish you all the best of everything this Christmas and for the year to come.

Sandra, December 18, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment