Monday, November 1, 2010

NOVEMBER UPDATE

Thanks to my good friend, Jami, I am now able to better handle the format and editing issue I was having with the site. It was just a matter of uploading and using a different browser. I am now using Chrome, which is a Goggle product and which is linked to Blogspot, which makes sense I guess. It will be much easier on your eyes to read. I apologize for the last few blog spots. They were quite a mess.

This month I have decided to start a monthly recipe blog because the Maine Recipes blog is getting to be too unwieldy. That blog will remain in the archives, however. It has become one of the most popular blogs on this site and I invite you to send me your own favorite recipe which I may feature on the next month’s recipe blog. November’s recipes will be added to during the week as I come across recipes I think you will enjoy.

Please read the feature blog for this month: GEM Productions. Locally owned and operated by Wayne Gray and a fellow Southender, Paul Merriam, the DVD production company can serve you in many ways. The DVD which was produced by GEM where I was interviewed about my book, The South End, by Paul “Gilly” Merriam, will appear on this blog site soon. Look for it.

I will update the schedule for the Sail, Power, and Steam Museum for November if I get the information in time. Benefits and Good Works have also been updated. I would like to ask again for you to email me your upcoming benefit events. It takes me quite a bit of research to fill that blog each month and I would appreciate some of your input. Remember, this is your site too.

Remember too, that I welcome guest blogs. The latest blog by my brother, Ted, about naming South School after Thomas Molloy, was well received by blog readers. Just send an attachment in an email. Remember, if you have pictures, to send them as a separate attachment. If any of you in the area have pictures of or related to the recent visit by the big cruise ship to Rockland, I would be most interested in them. In case you’ve forgotten my email address for this blog it is: www.southendstories@aol.com.

Thank you also for hitting the ads along the right side of this blog site. I am beginning to see a small profit because of it. Please check out the new ad for a cool Winter Special on a signed copy of my book plus a CD of the 2009 blogs. Great Christmas gifts!

Enjoy’s this month’s blogs and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment