Thursday, December 15, 2016

A Political View from a Southender

I try not to get involved in politics with my friends, but this election year I must make an exception. I do not wish to debate with anyone on the subject. I will just display my opinion here while I still have such a right and let you take my words as you like. Thank God we still all have the right to speak our minds in this country.

First of all, I do not believe in inciting riots to further my views. All of you people out there who like to fight, please don't. Take your fight to the polls and VOTE!

As for Donald Trump I don't even like to type his name here in fear I will further his cause. You can't open any site on the net without seeing his demented face.

Yes I said demented. I see so many parallels with this man and Hitler, it is downright frightening. As an amateur historian, I shiver to think what could happen if this man ever made 16 Pennsylvania Avenue his home.

You want just one parallel. Ok. How about blaming one ethnic group for all the ills of our country. Sound familiar? If you don't think such a holocaust couldn't happen here, think again.

God forbid he gets control of this country. How long would it take before our constitution and our rights as American citizens are attacked? How long would it take to take control of the legislature, the supreme court? Impossible?  Maybe. Maybe not. Do you want to take the chance that the bully of all bullies will take control of this country come election day?

Read your history books, people. I beg you. I don't care what political party you may affiliate with. Thank God we still have that diversity too. All I ask is that you vote for anyone as long as it's not that demented delusional potential dictator with serious ego issues called for the last time, Donald Trump. Whew. I got through this by mentioning his name only twice. It's like the Harry Potter books and the name that shall not be mentioned i.e. Voldemore, lest all the evils of the world descend upon us.

That's my opinion for what it's worth to you. See you at the polls!







No comments:

Post a Comment