Monday, July 1, 2013

Sonny's Sunshine Corner


Sonny’s Sunshine Corner











Butchie has officially taken over the position of “porch cat” from his brother, Sonny. This picture shows him ensconced in the best porch chair giving us his imitation of a grumpy Garfield.

Today he is supervising the rearrangement of things around here so it looks less like a sick room and more like a real apartment. He’s happy that I finally put his food and water dish back where it really belongs. He was getting real tired of hunting for them elsewhere in the place.

My recuperation from knee surgery continues. A pesky hamstring pull is holding things back right now, but hopefully it will clear up soon. I’ve taken a couple of spins around the complex in my trusty HHR and came back all in one piece, so I’ll try to get to some therapy before I leave to come home on the 10th.

Some exciting news to tell you all about. On July 17 I will be speaking and hosting a discussion group along with Head Librarian, Ann Harris, over at the Thomaston Public Library. I hope you can all join us. We will be discussing “a sense of place” as it relates to Maine people. I will present the topic as it relates to my book The South End. I will be selling and signing books for those who wish one. If you already have a book that I have not signed, please bring it along and I will sign it for you. Ann and I are excited about the event. It should be a lot of fun.

This month will contain the usual columns from Ted, Kendall, and Mary Sue and I as well as Thomaston Library News. As I will be on vacation next week, there may not be a special blog from me until I return on the 22nd.

The readership for this blog continues at a good pace. We have reached the 30,000 milestone, with an average of 900-1000 new hits a month. That’s not counting the Courier site which receives at least 100 hits for each story submitted. Thanks to all of you for your continued support of my work. Please remember to hit the ads on the right hand side. They represent the only compensation I get for this blog.

Hope you all have a wonderful summer and I’d appreciate it if you’d order some sun for me when I come north as I’ve heard you’ve had a lot of rain lately. See you all soon.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment