Saturday, June 8, 2013



Sonny’s Sunshine Corner







In memory of our Sonny, this blog will continue to be known as Sonny’s Sunshine Corner. He will always be our Sunshine Boy.

 

Sonny’s brother, Butchie, is not happy. He says: “Ever since Mommie came home with that big old bandage on her leg, I can’t find anything. They keep moving my food dish to make way for the scary walker; my favorite sleeping places have been taken over; there’s a scary machine with water in it that Mommie keeps next to her chair and it makes a scary humming noise. On top of all that, scary people keep coming to help Mommie walk and stuff and I have to go hide under the bed. Things are just not right.”

Well things are beginning to get back to normal. I’m able to sit for a time at my desk and use my own computer. I will try to catch up on this month’s blogs. Please be patient. I appreciate that my numbers didn’t go down drastically while I was away from you. You all took my advice and caught up on some of the archive stories as I can see from the stats.

This month will contain the usual columns from Ted and Kendall and new happenings out at the Hilton Homestead. Rock Coast Rollers are rolling again. Look for special ads for upcoming events. I’ll try to find a recipe for you to share with others. I plan to do a Summer Reading Blog when I get all the material together also. I will post Thomaston Library News soon.

I note the passing of our dear friend, Herbert “Bud” Wood, our much loved school bus driver who ferried all my Spruce Head and Owls Head friends to school at the high school, as well as many generations before and after. Life Magazine featured him as the “The Most Loved Man in Town” in a four-page photo spread in 1962. He was 92. We’ll miss you, Bud.

I just checked the stats today and see we are now at 29,025, a gain of 997 in 28 days. I appreciate your loyalty and hope you will pass your favorite blogs along to your friends. Please continue to hit the ads on the right hand side. Thank you.

Summer is here at last!



No comments:

Post a Comment