Thursday, November 1, 2012

 
Sonny’s Sunshine Corner
The readership continues to climb which makes me very happy. We went from 17,000 to 19,857 as of this morning of November 1. That’s an increase of 2,857. So we went from 1,000 new hits to 2,000+ in one month’s time.
A curious thing happened though. The story called “Maine’s Real Halloween Stories” did not get one hit. The information within that story took quite a lot of research so I was quite disappointed that no one seemed interested enough to read it. It could be because of the storm and folks being out of electricity so that they couldn’t get on to the internet. By the time they did, Halloween was over and perhaps the interest in the holiday had waned by then. In any event, I welcome your comments good or bad on that story.
Another thing that has happened with the blog as of a couple days ago is the reappearance of ads on the right hand side of the blog. Seems they just needed a valid phone number so they could post them. I do not get paid one red cent for writing all these stories for you, but Ad Sense will pay me for every time you hit one of those ads. Please do. It doesn’t work if I hit them myself. I certainly would appreciate your support in that way. You don’t have to read them, just hit them and go on with your business.
Interest continues in our two guest blogs, by brother Ted and by our South End Poet, Kendall Merriam. I am still negotiating for a Chef’s column with a new recipe every month. Stay tuned.
Thanks go to Pat Wentworth for liking “South End Stories.” Welcome to our little group.
On my own home front, I have a new “bundle” set up with AT&T because the apartment complex is pulling out Comcast. So I now have one of those ugly disks on my porch. The good part is that the service, with internet and phone with unlimited long-distance calls, costs about half of what I was paying out to Comcast. I will miss my “Boardwalk” though, because we no longer have HBO.
Now if my podiatrist can just fix this dang ingrown toenail, we’ll be in business.
Sonny says that’s it for now. “See you next month.”


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment