Sunday, April 3, 2011

Guest Blog--Todd McIntosh

Todd McIntosh, Class of 1959, Rockland High School

I thought you might enjoy some of the reminiscences of my fellow classmate and class president, Todd McIntosh which he added in his recent letter to me. Let me apologize for the bad picture of Todd. It’s his graduation picture and was a newspaper shot from 1959, which is the only picture I have of him.

Here’s some excerpts from his letter:

“Although not a southender, I did have a connection as my paternal grandparents, Albert and Mary McIntosh, lived at 120 South Main Street – now a portion of Jess’s Seafood parking lot, where, once, stood Knight’s store, just across the street on 119 South Main – not far from Otis and Fulton Streets.

“During the December fire of ’52, I watched the red skyline from my rheumatic fever bed during my year-long illness which kept me home during my sixth grade year.

“My father, Charles H. Sr., during his “off” natural ice-harvesting season, transported cases of Holmes Packing Corporation sardines from warehouse to the train depot on Pleasant and Union Streets. He also delivered ice to Naum & Adams (present site of Maine Boats, Home and Harbors magazine, where my daughter, Jennifer W. McIntosh, is employed) during the 1940s.

“My parents lived at 14 Clarendon Street during the mid-1930s, prior to moving to 192 Limerock Street, where I was born.”




No comments:

Post a Comment